Sunday, April 12, 2009

I Really HATE Tornado Season!

I really do not like all the storms that happen in Tennessee. The thunder is loud, the rain doesn't stop, and to top it off we get tornadoes. This last friday a town close to ours had a tornado. There was some destruction of homes and businesses and I am glad that it didn't do more damage.

So this same Friday I decided that I would take Levi and Benson to the Main Library downtown and see the puppet show they were putting on. I couldn't have picked a worse day to go. It was stormy that morning, but I decided to go anyway, hoping I would be back home before the weather got really bad. While we were waiting in line one of the library workers told us there was a tornado watch and if it got upgraded to a warning we would all have to go into the stairwell. They were watching the monitors to see if the tornadoes were headed our way. As Levi, Benson and I were standing with many other people, two library employees came up and told us we needed to get into this room right away. As everybody rushed in you could hear the wind and rain beating down on the windows. We sat in this room for awhile and waited to be let out.

I was so proud of Levi for listening to me and being so good. We were finally able to leave and after a long wait able to see "Llama, Llama, Red Pajama" acted out. It was so funny and Levi loved it. They did such a great job and when it was over we rushed home and stayed the rest of the day. I will not be out in a storm again if I can help it.

9 comments:

Sharrard Family said...

WOW! I dont envy you! That would be so scary! :-S You are amazing for being able to handle that, I think I would probably get stressed out. Good luck and I hope no more nasty storms head your way. :)

The Goodwins said...

Your not in Kansas anymore. :) Just close to it. Lol. That's scary, especially with your kids. I would be freaking out all the time during tornado season if I lived there.

Harmon Family said...

OMG. That is scary. I would be freaking out all the time also. You are braver then me. Good luck.

Braden Bell said...

The good thing is that if you live out West you'll eventually get hit with an earthquake. And then it's like all over for everyone. Same with hurricanes. Here, we have the tornadoes, but they only effect a relatively small number of people. So, you get earthquakes in the west, hurricanes in the east and tornadoes here. I think you have a better chance with the tornadoes, as scary as they are.

Maxfield Family said...

I'm glad you are all okay. Tornado's are so scary. We've had a few out here too. That has to be scary having a tornado while Mike is gone and its just you and the boys. Hope that you don't have any more, or atleast not any big ones.

Jamie said...

I remember that the storms were fun, until they turned into tornados. I do miss a good storm, but I'm glad you are safe. Isn't TN just grand?

Amber McArthur said...

How scary! Good thing you are so tough! I can't believe how big your boys are. They grow fast. Are you coming to Idaho anytime soon? How much longer of school do you guys have left?

Nancy said...

Oh how sad! What big brave boys you have that they went through that and didn't freak out. My girls would have cried the whole time and the librarians would have probably kicked us out into the tornado.

Diana Sims said...

I'm finding it rather
"interesting" living in tornado country! I've lived in earthquake California for many years. At least with tornadoes, you have somewhat of a warning! :)