Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tired and Angry

Let me tell you about my night last night. I was sleeping peacefully last night when at 2:00 in the morning RING, RING the phone went. I grabbed it and it was the gate to our complex. (You find our name on the list of tenants and it calls our phone to let our visitors in) I did not answer and laid back down. A couple of minutes went by and it rang again and to my surprise it was the gate again. Thinking that it was someone I knew I answered it. Guess what, it was some strange guy asking to be let in. I was so mad I hung up. Who in their mind calls someone at 2 in the morning unless it is an emergency? And it was a stranger no less. I was so mad, but to tired to yell at him. Luckily, Benson did not wake up. I seldon answer the phone if it is the gate because we always have strangers calling us to let them in. I know I sound mean and crazy, but with two boys not sleeping well, I cherish any sleep I get.

Note to stranger: Do NOT call me again.

There, I got my anger out and I can hopefully get a good night's sleep tonight.

4 comments:

Jessica Newman said...

That is very obnoxious! I am always terrifies when the phone rings in the middle of the night. I am always forgetting my key card and I have called your phone to get in, but never in the middle of the night!

Jamie said...

I'm so sorry. The phone ringing in the middle of the night can be terrifying - but infuriating when it is someone you don't know! Arg! At least the kids slept through it, right?

6L's said...

oh gosh, you need a week at my house to make you feel better about middle of the night calls. hubby's work calls several times a week, sometimes several times a night. the darn alarm system! leaves blowing just right, cats jumping the fence...it's ridiculous! maybe there's some way you can get it silenced at night??? hope you get some good rest soon!

Braden Bell said...

See you are a lot nicer than I am. I would have let him and found out where he was going. Then I would have slashed his tires. Deeply.