My little sister turned 10 the beginning of June. She is such an amazing person. Shelby has Costello Syndrome. There are only about 300 cases known worldwide.
"Costello Syndrome is a distinct multiple congenital malformation syndrome characterized by postnatal growth retardation, distinctive face, lax skin, and developmental delay."
I have such a tender spot in my heart for her and all those suffering from disorders and diseases. She has brought a wonderful spirit into our lives. There were times when I thought "why can't she be "normal,"" but I know that she is so special and is here to teach us. Levi and Shelby have become best friends and now she doesn't want to talk to me, only Levi. She has blessed my life and I love her.

1 comment:
Wow! I can't believe that she is 10 already. I saw her briefly on Sunday and I couldn't believe how tall she is. She is very sweet.
Post a Comment