Monday, November 24, 2008

Dinner Help!

So I need to preface this with: I really do not like to make dinner. I end up making the same few things and I just really don't enjoy making dinner. Now this is not all the time. There are times that I love to have dinner ready for Michael and I love to have people over and make dinner. I enjoy making dinner with other people, but I have my weeks where I dread the dinner hour approaching.(I do love baking though) My request is this:

If anybody has simple, easy recipes that they enjoy, would you mind sending them my way? I need new dinner ideas that are easy and that are tried and true. I know many of my friends are wonderful cooks and many of you enjoy cooking and so I need your help to get me excited about cooking. Please send any recipes. I would appreciate the help and I know that Michael would also. Thanks! I will be looking forward to trying new things.

My e-mail is mjkarren@comcast.net

8 comments:

Damien and Ashley said...

I know the feeling well! I will send you a couple of our favorites to your email soon.

Damien and Ashley said...

oh, and if you have or get some good ones-send 'em my way!

Braden Bell said...

I don't have recipes, sorry, but the dinner you made the other night was REALLY good!

Traylor Family said...

Speaking of dinner.... Don't you owe me a chili recipe??? Ya I thought so.

Traylor Family said...

That was a good one! How about in 2 weeks after my family leaves. We'll make frozen pizza. It's my specialty. Or do you prefer orange chicken?

Harmon Family said...

Kraft.com has been a big help for me making dinners that are quick and easy. We have a found a few that are our favorites. Try them out. I will send you some of my favorites though.

A World Of Artists said...

Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili
Jenna, this is yummy and easy!

Ingredients:
2 med-lg sweet potatoes or yams
2 T olive oil
1 c chopped onion (I usually just use 1 onion)
2-3 cloves garlic
1 pepper (any color)
1 lg (28 oz) can black beans, drain and rinse
1 small (4 oz can) mild green chiles
2 t cumin
1/2 t oregano
salt

1. Bake or microwave potatoes until just firm (about 3-4 min. per potato). When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 3/4 inch dice. Set aside.

2. Heat the oil in lg pot. Add onion and garlic. Saute until golden. Add the bell pepper, beans, tomatoes, chilies, cumin and oregano. Simmer. Cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Add the potatoes and continue to simmer until veggies are tender (about 15-20 min.)

3. Season w/ salt. If time allows, let stand off heat 1-2 hours and then heat when needed.

Good luck!

A World Of Artists said...

Jenna, A world of artist is Jeanette