Sunday, July 5, 2009

Way Behind

I realize that I have not posted anything for about a month and I apoligize to my huge fan base. I know that you all have been waiting, and I have a good reason for not blogging. Now I am going to complain a little, so if you don't want to read this then that is fine. Some may say that Michael being gone wasn't as bad as I make it out to be, but they don't really know.

Michael left in March of this year to go to Louiville Kentucky and do a 3 month clinical rotation. I have had a difficult 3 months without a husband and father here. Levi doesn't understand what went on, but would ask for his Daddy every day. It was hard to have a newborn, a toddler adjusting to a new sibling, and Michael gone. He was able to come home some weekends and we were so glad when he came home. I even planned to go up to see Michael one weekend and that was a great weekend. I can't write in words how hard it is to have someone who loves you and who takes care of you gone. I was adjusting to having two kids which is so hard sometimes.

After going to Kentucky for 3 months he had to go to Ohio for a month. The blessing in going to Ohio was that our dear friends the Baileys lived there. Troy Bailey had graduated a year ahead of us and his wife Rachel and I were so close. I had a very hard time last year when they moved. Well they lived in Ohio now and offered to have me come and stay with them while Michael was up there. I gladly took them up on their offer and for the month of June we have been living in Ohio. I couldn't take a month of Michael being gone and he would not be able to come home on the weekends. It made the best sense for us to go with him and I am so glad we did.

We are back now in Tennessee and I am so glad that those 4 months are over. It was harder then I thought it would be and I never want to have to do that again. I have lots to post and so my catching up will take some time.

I am thankful for the prayers and help I received these last few months. I have cried a lot, but have become closer to my Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for the many people who asked how I was doing. I am so glad that Michael is home now and thank you to everyone who thought of our family.

Here goes all the posting from Mother's Day, Levi's Birthday, Our Anniversary, Kentucky Trip, Father's Day and Ohio Trip. Enjoy!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that Michael had been gone. I have been done with work since May. I should have given you a call to see if you needed something. If there is anything that I can do to help you all get ready for the move please don't hesitate to give me a call.

Craft-a-Boo said...

I am so glad that you're back! My heart aches that you're leaving the ward! I know we didn't get a chance to get to know each other as well as I would have liked, but I really will miss you guys at church! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you pack/tend your kids/have someone to yell at!

(PS. I've moved more times than I can count, so I have packing down to a science if you need a hand, just let me know!)

The Dipo's said...

I love all the posts and pictures! Thanks for catching us all up. I'm sorry you went through such a crappy time! That would be no fun at all!!! I'm glad for you that it's over!

The Goodwins said...

Wow Jenna, I'm amazed by you and your strength to handle Michael being gone for so long, I would have cried more than you perhaps...and whined a lot. I hope everything is going better. I think you're such a good Mom to your boys, especially for making two cakes for Levi for birthday--I probably would have hit Albertson's by then. Hope the rest of the year is much less stressful! Love you!

Joyce said...

Don't know what happened. I sent a message earlier-----thought I was the first-----and it was a long one. Anyway, I do understand what you were going through having 2 kids, including a newborn and having your husband gone. Brent worked out of town for some time when the kids were little, and moved to Florida without us for 6 weeks. I admire all you do, and am happy that you had a chance to go with your sweetheart. But------please don't move!!!

Jamie said...

Wow! I'm sorry you were on your own for so long! I have a hard time when Scott is late getting home from work! What great posts - thanks for getting us updated!

So... from the comments, you are moving. Where are you going? Did I miss that somewhere?

The Marlers said...

hey jenna, sorry i have not talked to you in a while. we have been crazy busy and we found out last week that my mom has breast cancer, ya i know. so anyway we have a road ahead of us. she goes to Huntsmens in salt lake july 20th to se what the verdict is. im going to cali on saterday to hang out with her for a week or so, she fels just fine so its so wierd to think that something is wrong. anyway we are all positive and happy! i hope all is well. katie

The Wright Family said...

Wow that's a lot to go through! I don't know how I would be able to handle it! I'm glad that you were able to get through it- you're definitely a tough woman!

The Marlers said...

HI jenna, how is everything? Do you ever do face book, i saw that your on it. i am still trying to figure it out though. i hope you have a good day

Summers Family said...

Jenna, I am having an insomnia night and happened upon your blog while blog hopping. You deserve to complain a little. It's more like venting anyway. I always knew you were a strong person. But I am glad your husband is home. That would be extremely difficult. It was fun to browse through some of your pics/posts. I haven't seen Shelby since she was a baby. Please tell your family hello. I have fond memories of all of you.